He was taken by stealth, the Prince of Peace. He was pierced for our transgressions. He was bruised for our selfish actions and by His stripes we are healed.


I wish to extend my honor and gratitude to those who have chosen to serve and sacrifice also for the sake of protection and peace. Thank You, and God Bless You!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Take No Offense


If Jesus were to walk into many of today's churches, I wonder what his comments would be if he spoke to our spiritual leaders and flocks? Would they be happy or would they be shocked, horrified and offended by what he said? Would Jesus point out our idolatry, pride, greed, lust, religious laws and traditions, etc.? Or would He just ignore the problems?

Throughout Jesus ministry there were times that he said things that shocked and offended people. Sometimes he called them hypocrites. Other times He told them that if they were not willing to leave family, possessions or longings for the past, that they were not worthy of the Kingdom of God. He also taught that if you did not eat his flesh or drink his blood, you had no part of him. With statements like that many people took offense and quit following Jesus, but not his disciples, except for one. But even the disciples received their share of rebukes, because of their unbelief or attitudes. Yet, they also knew he loved them and spoke the words of life. Jesus was their friend.

After Jesus had pointed out some false traditions to the Pharisees, Jesus' disciples later came to him later and said,
"Do you know that the Pharisees were offended by what you said?" (Mt. 15:12 PAR) Jesus wasn't trying to be mean to the Pharisees, his desire was to help them by telling them the truth.

The enemy, satan, wants to hurt and to makes people offended in order to break up relationships. If we allow satan or religious people to divide us by chastisements we have given into their plan and lost the good that God had intended for us. Yet a rebuke from the Lord is meant for good, to bring correction and reconciliation into our life and thinking. If we don't, we will be living a lie and could end up being a hypocrite just like the Pharisees, even though we may not think so. I have seen this happen many times and I have also experienced it from both ends.

We've lived with a lot of grace throughout the Church Age. And yet we are about to see the greatest move of God's grace and mercy ever seen. However, it's no reason to allow mistakes and offenses to continue and live in disobedience; which only separate us from the Heaven Father and our spiritual family.


—Recently, I received a strong rebuke from a friend. A few weeks before that God had asked me to do something that wasn't my "first choice," yet I said, "yes." But over the weeks I had grumbled, complained and blamed. And in the process I allowed the spirit of contention to settle upon me. My friend exposed my heart and the spirit and that I needed to deal with. And so I did. I repented and cast the foul spirit off me.

My friend also told me I had some wrong precepts about my old profession. Again I asked God to forgive me. I didn't want anything to come between my relationship with God, my wife or my friends. The next morning I shared some of those things with my wife that my friend and I had discuss. She said, "I don't know what all you talked about, but I like the change in you." So did I, and God also told me he was proud of me. I also dealt with a few more spirits a few days later. We must remember that our battle is not with flesh and blood, but against evil principalities that try to rule over the hearts and minds of people. And the only way to free others is to be free ourselves. I am very thankful for my friend and to God.

Better a slap or wound (rebuke) from a friend than kisses from an enemy. (Prov. 27:6 PAR)

No comments:

Post a Comment